Gorgeous Inky grapes, plum, and sorbet tinted tangerine combine to make a compelling colour story for my eyeballs. Via Color Collective.
Totally digging this multi-layered and multi-coloured heart collage by Esther Ramirez. It’s whimsical and arty without being all ‘barfy romantic*’.
1. Waking up at the break of dawn to go shopping is my idea of: a good strategy… on any other day of the year other than Black Friday. I like having the shop to myself, no lineups, and all the sizes available.
2. If I were to go shopping today I would be on the hunt for: … dinner.
3. The best thing I ate yesterday was: “Fridge Cleaner” pasta which contained the remnants of my shopping: celery, carrots, bacon, garlic, and spaghetti tossed with beef stock and lots of oregano (because the lid accidentally fell off).
4. Something I’ve been learning lately is: that I love having a regular 9-5 job and daily office interaction with awesome humans.
5. I cannot start my day without: breakfast. I will get seriously crazy on you.
6. My nighttime attire consists of: clothes (or lack there of) that I would never wear in public.
7. I am looking forward to the weekend: so that I can recharge, make plans for the coming week, and organize all my loose ends into awesome check marks on a ‘to do’ list.
Happy Weekend internet Dudes.
Fill in the Blank Friday by The Little Things We Do.
*’Barfy Romantic’ is a descriptive phrase that needs to be added to the English language. It describes that kind of nauseating feeling that causes you to turn your head away from kissing scenes in too-cheesy romantic comedies. (Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE romantic comedies but, there is a fine line between ‘Awe’ and ‘Ugh’!)
This is a video for the beautiful Nadège Patisserie. It’s dangerously close to where I live. Another shop that sells macarons in downtown Toronto is Petit Thuet, dangerously close to my work, with an amazing espresso macaron.
My friend Lisa home-made me a giant box of lemon and mint chocolate macarons for my birthday last week. They only lasted 2 days. It was amazing and just what I wanted.
When I was little I remember hearing people talk about these french pastries, these ‘macarons’… I thought, who cares, they aren’t that good. My grandma makes them at least eight times a year! Of course, I was thinking of ‘macaroons‘, those chocolate and coconut mounds that have been brought to every family gathering since before I can remember.
Cheers to foods.
This Fruit Bats song got my toes wiggling.
A lot of music is reminding me of Gomez lately. My first boyfriend worked in a comic book store and he bought me their ‘Split the Difference’ album. I like it way more now than I did then.
In other news, I was crowned Mardi Gras Queen at work yesterday and I ate all the shrimp I wanted.
‘When U love Somebody’ – Fruit Bats. Via: What don’t I steal from Kavisolo?. (Also, Wow, the ‘U’ in the song name is really bothering me. Not a fan. But I guess it’s kind of cute and casual? Not really…)
Happy Family Day fellow Canadians (Happy Presidents Day you Americans). I was super excited to eat this. And then I did and it was great.
Baby red potatoes roasted with onion and garlic and then re-fried with buttery mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, spices, chives and topped with an egg. Perfection your name is lunch.
Listening to The Zombies – You Make Me Feel Good
Happy Friday people. Ummm, I’m pretty excited for this long (Canadian) weekend. I’m trying to subdue my excitement so I don’t wear myself out before lunch. Maybe a nap later…
1. I am: an optimist, an old softie, excitable, and usually hungry.
2. The bravest thing I’ve ever done was: Yell at someone for something bad they did? I’d like to have a good answer for this… but instead here’s a quote: “Courage is knowing danger and taking it on; audacity is ignoring the situation and jumping in.”
3. I feel prettiest when: it’s really sunny. Also, hand holding times don’t hurt either.
4. Something that keeps me awake at night is: nightmares about snakes.
5. My favorite meal in the entire world is: impossible to choose. But, if I was being executed and given a last meal I would want: nachos with guacamole and sour cream, rare steak, mashed potatoes, fried chicken, broccoli, cheese sauce and rolo ice cream. I’m lactose intolerant but I’m going to die soon anyway… (And sour cream and onion chips, and a pink Popsicle and fruit punch)
6. The way to my heart is: easy if you’re honest (Also easy if you are a kitten).
7. I would like to: sky dive, work at a design agency, draw more portraits, and go for a walk to the dog park. Crazy, scary, fun, and easy. I like to have practical dreams mixed in with ‘one day’ dreams.